Tuesday 14 October 2014

Week2: A myriad of Web Search Engines

Yet another discovery in the course: Google is not the only Search Engine, nor is it always the best one!

As Week2 started to unwind I came across a vast number of Web Search Engines. Engines specializing in different topics and fields of study! Miraculous!

I even told a few friends about them. My husband's suspicious remark was: "Better than Google?! I don't believe it..."

Neither had I believed it before I tried it, but it's true. In some cases Google is not the best place to do your googling.

Now I'm a bit apprehensive of becoming a search addict ;)

4 comments:

  1. Dear Gordana,

    It's great that you're sharing your new knowledge with others such as your husband and friends.
    I hope that our students will also understand the importance of using different web-search engines for specific operations.
    Keep learning!

    Best,
    Anar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gordana!

      You're absolutely right! Lot's of search engines make our teaching life easier than ever!

      Best wishes,
      Zulyar Kavashev

      Delete
  2. Hi Gordana,

    I share your feelings about discovering different search engines other than google. I'm impressed with some of the specialized tools to find specific information.

    Once again its true that "it's never late to learn", its a matter of attitude.

    Best,
    Virginia, Uruguay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Everyone!

    Thank you for your feedback.

    Virginia, you are absolutely right: it's never too late, and it is the matter of attitude. And I LOVE the attitude of our Webskills course colleague-participants!

    Best,
    Gordana from Serbia

    ReplyDelete