Wednesday 5 November 2014

Week5: Alternative way of saving my alternative assessment tool

- RubiStar Instructions - checked
- Creating my rubric on RubiStar - checked
- Saving my rubric online - checked
- Downloading an Excel Spreadsheet of my rubric - well...

Some incompatibility error arises every time I try to do this. The document format and extension do not match. I manage to save it on my desktop but it will not upload to Google Drive or the course wiki so I can't share it with anyone...

So I had to think of an alternative way of saving and sharing it. I remembered having read in one of the articles that rubrics can be created as Word  documents, and I even think Courtney has mentioned it somewhere so that's exactly what I did. The good old copy-paste from RubiStar to my word doc and WALLAH. I could upgrade it a little bit and upload it both on the wiki and Google Drive.
Having an alternative is always welcome! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gordana,

    I had trouble saving my Rubric too. It was a bit difficult, I must admit. However, exploring a few options helped me to save it. As you said, "Having an alternative is always welcome!".

    Your rubric is great! It is perfect for the class topic.

    Best,
    Sharmila

    ReplyDelete
  2. PDF turned out useful for me, mainly because I had the same problem as you but also because my contents remain as they were since I published them. I think these week's tools can be very useful for doing something mote than just pen pal work. What so you think?
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work,
    Everything will turn to be good learning experience. We just need to try. We do learn from our mistakes which is really awesome.
    I would say that we have been learning a lot throughout this course online.
    Also, we are building an educational community that continue flourish after this course.
    http://websalamskills1.blogspot.com/
    Abdesalam ZOUITA
    Morocco

    ReplyDelete