Tuesday 7 October 2014

Week1: learning as you prepare to learn

It has all started with the E-Teacher Scholarship provided by the USA Embassy in Belgrade for which I am extremely thankful! I have been chosen to take an online course named "Building Teaching Skills Through the Interactive Web" (Webskills) with the University of Oregon, American English Institute, Department for Linguistics. I am thrilled and a little bit anxious to see what's awaiting me...or even better - to experience the whole course!

It is a 10-week course but my learning has started in the week prior to Week1. A few days before the official opening of the course I received an e-mail with some basic information on the course and the instructions on how to set my browser to work properly. Hmmmm....I ended up with both Internet Explorer and Firefox installed on my laptop, neither of which is completely properly set, but I keep my fingers crossed! Anyway, I have learnt how to use some of the Tools in both browsers and got aware of the Control Panel :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Gordana!

    I completely agree with you that prior preparation is a good one to be somehow knowledgeable about anything in life, especially about this online course.

    Good luck!

    Best regards,
    Zulyar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gordana,

    I had no idea about blogging last week. Now I am actually doing it. I too installed Firefox just like you. Hope to share with you a lot during this 10 week course.

    Best,
    Sharmila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gordana,

    As this course started, I faced some difficulties with creating a blogger, but not anymore. I installed the firefox, and then all the strange technical problems faded away since then.

    Regards,
    Abeer Q

    ReplyDelete