Sunday 23 November 2014

Week 7: Project in full swing!

http://www.majormadness.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MBA-PROJECT.jpg
Photo Courtesy: http://www.majormadness.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MBA-PROJECT.jpg

This week my Technology Enhanced Project has reached its prime. The students were working on their oral presentations, rehearsing in pairs and finally they gave their presentations to the class on Thursday and Friday.

The quality of the presentations fluctuated. Some of the students were great, both fluent and accurate, exhibiting a high level of presentation skills. Some of them had certain issues with accuracy or fluency. However, it was obvious that all the students had invested time into getting ready for the presentations.

The influence of the WebQuest used last week was obvious: they all used new vocabulary from the resources provided in the WebQuest and all of them completed the WebQuest task. The speaking skills of all students were on a higher level than in regular classes, which actually is my primary goal for using the WebQuest.

I was delighted to see that all the students were actively participating in the evaluation process. They made comments on each other's presentations and suggested certain options for improvement. Most of the students tried to comment in English, but even those who couldn't find the right words wanted to contribute to the evaluation so they used Serbian from time to time.
http://cdn.projectsmart.co.uk/img/cat-it-project-management.png
Photo Courtesy: http://cdn.projectsmart.co.uk/img/cat-it-project-management.png


I have learnt a lot from this experience!

Looking forward to more technology enhanced classes.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gordana,

    Don't you think WebQuest was a great choice in introducing technology in our classrooms. I have got similar results as you. There has been so much interest generation just by implementing it. I feel, the students have really opened up and there is so much more communication between them.

    By the way, as I have already mentioned in my Nicenet post, I totally agree with you that as children we are more autonomous learners. Thank you for highlighting this important point and bringing it to everyone's notice.

    Thank you for being Zulyar's and my partner! Three cheers to our partnership!

    Sharmila from India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharmila!

      I'm so glad to hear you are also satisfied by the outcome of your technology implementation. I was a bit apprehensive about the reactions I would receive from my students as they had not been acquainted with Webquests before, but as you have just said: "There has been so much interest generation just by implementing it".

      I am really looking forward to our partnership in project peer review! I feel I will receive so much useful feedback from both you and Zulyar. And I'll do my best to help with providing feedback on your projects as well.

      Hugs and kisses from Serbia

      Delete
  2. Hi Gordana!

    I see your first effective results of implementing WebQuest, this is great! Congrats!

    I definitely agree that the first thing is to catch students' interest and then every step will be successful in my mind.

    Both of you including Sharmila achieved postive effect from you students, this is because you're doing your best being professional and skillful teachers ever.

    I believe that our "Teachers Trio" )) will be very useful in terms of our projects implementation.

    Thanks a lot for being our partner!

    Best regards,
    Zulyar
    Kazakhstan, Almaty

    ReplyDelete