Friday 28 November 2014

Week 8: Project Reports - Learning from Peers

http://stavreas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/PartnershipCogs.jpg
Photo Courtesy: http://stavreas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/PartnershipCogs.jpg

Week 8 is, among other things, devoted to Project Report Peer Review sessions. Groups and partnerships were founded last week and this week triggered a lot of interaction.

I have a great pleasure to be cooperating with Sharmila and Zulyar in peer reviewing. Both their Project Reports fostered a lot of self-reflection and learning in me. It is by having the opportunity to give feedback to your peers that you actually become aware of what you are expected to do and how you are expected to perform. A lot of new ideas can come to you by just reading different approaches to one and the same task.

http://nursing.advanceweb.com/SharedResources/Images/2009/033009/NursePeerReview.jpg
Photo Courtesy: http://nursing.advanceweb.com/SharedResources/Images/2009/033009/NursePeerReview.jpg

The same goes for our classes. By engaging our students into assessing each other, we actually engage them into unconscious autonomous learning process. Critical approach to other people's performance actually raises the ability of critical thinking as well as self-reflection. The benefit is mutual.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your ideas Gordana as always we seem to share various points of view. I think peer review and cooperation can be very useful towards developing your own way of engaging in your tasks. We can always help each other gain more experience and learn from one another.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I admire you for putting so much energy and time into learning everything that this course brings! I've read your final report, though you're not my partner - it's just I really wanted to read it because I always enjoy everything you write. It was the same now - I enjoyed every word of it! Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gordana,

    It was an honor to have you as my partner this week!

    I have learnt a lot from you during this course. It is always a pleasure to read your insightful posts. Your Project Review was as expected, brilliant!

    I agree with you completely when you say that, "It is by having the opportunity to give feedback to your peers that you actually become aware of you are expected to do and how you are expected to perform. A lot of new ideas can come to you by just reading different approaches to one and the same task". So true!

    While going through your Report, I got so many new ideas. Thank you, for showing me a new approach to a task!

    Regards,
    Sharmila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Sergio, Janja and Sharmila!

    I feel sharing ideas and view with others can help you develop more than you could individually be able to. I have learnt so much from all of you! This course has provided an invaluable experience!

    Janja, today I have decided to allocate some time for reading other people's Project Reports. Yours is going to be the first :) Thank you for reading mine!

    ReplyDelete